What Is A Tune-Up?
The nature of an engine “tune-up” has changed considerably over the years, but the basics of how a gasoline engine works has not. Clean gas and air needs to be driven to the vehicle’s cylinders where combustion initiated by a spark plug creates the power necessary to move a heavy vehicle. Clogged fuel injectors, dirty air and fuel filters, and corroded spark plugs can all decrease engine performance and contribute to decreased gas mileage and performance. That’s why we examine your vehicle’s air filter when you stop in, and why we recommend that you follow manufacturers’ recommendations for replacing such key components as fuel filters, PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valves, and spark plugs when they are no longer working at maximum efficiency.
Time For A Tune-Up?
It may be time for a “tune-up” if you notice one or more of the conditions below when starting or driving your vehicle:
- a decrease in gas mileage
- a noticeable loss in power
- your engine running “rough” or stalling when at a stop
- engine “knocking” when accelerating or running-on after the ignition is turned off
- your “Check Engine” or “Service Engine” light remaining on after initial start
When your car or truck needs a tune-up, Bill’s Friendly Auto Service is ready to serve. Call 516) 484-4155 today for an appointment.